Aloo is awesome. But Aloo Soya is even better, putting the right kind ofnutrition on your plate. Try the recipe below to know how!
Servings 3 people
- 4-5 Boiled potatoes
- 2 Tomato (Medium size)
- 1 Onion (Medium size)
- 2 Green chilli
- 1 pinch Ginger
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- 1 Cup Nutri soya chunks
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp for cooking Edible Oil
- ½ Cup Healthy & Tasty Soyabean Oil for frying
- 2 Whole red chilli
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Dry mango powder
- ½ tsp Ginger powder
- ¾ tsp Garam Masala
- ⅛ tsp turmeric powder.
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Kasuri methi
- 1-1.5 Cup Water
- Corainder leaves for garnishing
- Soak nutri soya chunks for 15 minutes in water and add lemon juice in it and keep it for 15 minutes.
- Add oil in a pan, add soya chunks and shallow fry them on a low to medium flame until golden brown and keep it aside.
- Cut the boiled potato into small pieces and shallow fry all the potato chunks until slightly golden brown.
- In a blender, grind the smooth paste of roughly chopped onion, ginger and garlic and set aside. Similarly, make a smooth paste of tomato and green chilli.
- In a deep sauce pan. Heat up of 2 tablespoon Healthy & Tasty Soyabean oil on low flame, add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add whole red chilli and bayleaf in the pan. Saute until the spices turn aromatic without burning.
- Add grinded onion ginger garlic paste in it. Fry till golden brown and saute till the raw aroma of ginger and garlic goes away.
- Add the tomato paste and salt and mix well. Stir continuously till the tomato pulp thickens up and releases oil.
- Now, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder. Mix well and cook for 5-8 minutes
- Add Nutri soyacchunks and potatoes. Mix well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Add garam masala and kasuri methi. Mix well.
- Once masala is done, add water as per desired consistency and allow the water to boil. Cook for 10-15 min on medium flame till the curry becomes thick.
- Add coriander leaves for garnishing
- Serve aloo soya along with chapathi.