Begun Basanti / Eggplant in Mustard sauce
Make your daily dishes more delicious by just sprinkling this special formula. Sprinkle on top for an explosion of flavour. Spice up your meals, bring world cuisines to your kitchen.
Servings 3 People
- 8-10 semi thick circles of eggplant
- 2 tsp Emami Heathy & Tasty Mantra Shorshe Powder
- 3 tsp Curd
- 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- Pinch nigella seeds / kalojeera.
- 3-4 green chilies
- Salt and sugar As per taste
- ½ Cup mustard oil
- Warm water
- To make the Shorshe Posto paste, soak 2 tsp of Mantra Shorshe posto in water for 8 minutes, then grind them with some salt, water and green chilies.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of that Shorshe Posto paste, curd, half Teaspoon of turmeric powder, half Teaspoon of mustard oil, some salt and half Teaspoon of sugar. Mix it well and keep aside.
- Marinate the eggplant with some salt and turmeric powder. Then fry them in hot oil till golden in colour.
- After that heat 2 Tablespoons of mustard oil in a pan.
- Saute nigella seeds and green chilies in hot oil for few seconds.
- Now add that curd and mustard mixture into the hot oil. Cook well for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Now add the fired eggplant, salt and very little warm water. Mix gently and cook for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Lastly sprinkle little mustard oil all over it.
- Let it rest for few minutes then serve.
Your begun basonti is ready.
- Serve this hot with steamed rice.
- Emami Healthy & Tasty brings Mantra – 100% natural and fresh spices, masalas & tastemakers. Minimum processing and world-class quality control methods ensure that it retains its natural nutrients, taste and flavour. Explore the complete range here.
- Make your daily dishes more delicious by just sprinkling this special formula. Sprinkle on top for an explosion of flavour. Spice up your meals, bring world cuisines to your kitchen.
- Awarded the world-renowned Superior Taste Award from Europe, after a rigorous process of tasting by 200 experts.