Posto Pabda (Bengali Fish Curry In Poppy Seeds Paste)
Make your daily dishes more delicious by just sprinkling this special formula. Sprinkle on top for an explosion of flavour. Spice up your meals, bring world cuisines to your kitchen.
Servings 3 People
- 4 Pabda fish
- 250 grams Emami Healthy & Tasty Mantra Shorshe Posto
- 1 tsp Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
- 4 Green Chillies , slit
- 1 Cup mustard oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- Salt to taste
- To prepare Posto Pabda Recipe, soak Emami Healthy & Tasty Mantra Shorshe Posto for 8 minutes in water. Prepare with all the other ingredients as well.
- Grind the Mantra Shorshe Posto to make a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Clean and wash the fishes well. Drain water nicely and coat the fishes with turmeric powder and keep aside. The fish is cooked whole, hence do not make pieces.
- Heat 1/2 cup of mustard oil in a Wok/Kadai, add kalonji and allow it to crackle for a few seconds.
- Now add the fishes gently and fry till golden in color.
- If the oil reduces, you can add more from sides.
- When the fishes are golden in color, add the Mantra Shorshe Posto paste in the wok and gently stir in.
- You may add a little water from the sides if the paste is too thick.
- Season the curry with salt and add green chillies as well.
- Allow the curry to come to boil, and then cook for 7-8 minutes on a low flame and lid closed. Do not stir much at this stage.
- Turn off the gas and pour in a tablespoon of raw mustard oil on top of Posto Pabda Curry Recipe for a rustic flavor and serve hot with plain steamed rice.
- Emami Healthy & Tasty brings Mantra – 100% natural and fresh spices, masalas & tastemakers. Minimum processing and world-class quality control methods ensure that it retains its natural nutrients, taste and flavour. Explore the complete range here.
- Make your daily dishes more delicious by just sprinkling this special formula. Sprinkle on top for an explosion of flavour. Spice up your meals, bring world cuisines to your kitchen.
- Awarded the world-renowned Superior Taste Award from Europe, after a rigorous process of tasting by 200 experts.